Thursday 16 June 2011

CARD OF THE WEEK #1

Hello there my little cynical ones!!! Considering the dorms arn't up and running yet im moving my card reviews to ARTICLES from now on, new forum new start n stuff ^^

So its been a while since I've done a review due too certain circumstances on TWA and really havn't had time, now if you look at the DECK DOME you will see i've post a hell of a lot of Genex decks, why? Because my card of the week this week is...



TADA!!! Thomas the tank Engine on steroids!!!!

So why this card you ask? Well first off its a level 9 synchro that needs only 1+ other material to summon it as long as its dark and its got 2500 attack so its pretty average on stats but has enough to with most pesky synchro monsters like catastor and brionac.

this guys effect is pretty nifty too (read the card!)

wait.... wut? Its has a GOYO EFFECT!?!?! Yeah thats right can steal a monster with the highest level, cheers for the shooting quasar mate hahaah basically with this guy in your extra your opponents monsters are you monsters too (providing you dont get solemn warning'd or anything faggot like, like that...) So in essence you can say he's worthy of boss monster status Very Happy

The first combo I ever did with this card was Special Summon a "Grinder Golem" to my opponents side of the field and use the tokens to Synchro Summon this card and then take control of the "Grinder Golem". talk about a rage quit I got rid of his 2 monsters and I got 2 power houses hahaah.

Also there are plenty of dark monsters that are used these days to tech into your deck a genex controller or genex ally birdman and synchro this guy out the list of monsters I've found most effective to use are In order to Synchro Summon this card with "Genex Controller" you would want a Level 6 DARK monster, options include: "Jinzo", "Caius the Shadow Monarch", "Chaos Sorcerer", "Tongue Twister", "Summoned Skull" and "Destiny Hero - Malicious".
[You can also use "Tempest Magician", since there are plenty of Spellcaster Genex like Genex Doctor, Genex Power Planner and Genex Blastfan.]

But with the decks I've posted my usual play is if I have a face-up "Caius the Shadow Monarch" and a "Treeborn Frog" in your Graveyard, I can easily Summon this card using "Genex Ally Birdman". Special Summon "Treeborn Frog" in my Standby Phase. Use Birdman's effect to bounce Caius back to my hand and Special Summon it, then tribute Treeborn to Summon Caius and remove a card (which can be your opponent's set Spell/Trap). Then tune Caius and Birdman. Which basically sets you up perfectly for a powerful play which may put your opponent on his/her back foot.

Another good way to Synchro Summon this Monster is if you Summon "Armageddon Knight", using his effect to send "Destiny Hero - Malicious" to my Graveyard and Special Summon "Genex Ally Birdman" from my hand, returning "Armageddon Knight" to my Hand. I can then activate "Destiny Hero - Malicious" to Special Summon a second copy from the deck. Tune the "Destiny Hero - Malicious" and "Genex Ally Birdman".

In the decks i've posted I can also use "Genex Ally Birdman", "Chaos Sorcerer" and "Locomotion R-Genex" to clear my opponent's field. Summon "Chaos Sorcerer", use his effect, return it to my hand to Summon "Genex Ally Birdman", Summon "Chaos Sorcerer", reuse its effect, and tune them.

"Tragoedia" makes this card easy to Summon, as it can be easily Special Summoned and it can copy the level of a monster in your Graveyard. Copy a Level 6 monster (like a Monarch), then Summon "Genex Controller" and Synchro Summon this card.

With all these ways of summoning this guy I can see him being played in a lot of formula monarch decks as a side in order to just summon this huge man for some strong plays, overall the Locomotion R-Genex is getting a 4/5

This is because even thought he has a great effect he is still slightly awkward to summon and his attack points are a tad low, along with this you also need to build a deck around him or sacrifice a lot in your deck just to get him out and Trishula is a much more acceptable level 9 with good stats and a great effect.

But I would still play this guy over that bitch...

Thanks for reading Dueling fans see you on the dueling field!!!

RoRo

The Cynical Duelist

No comments:

Post a Comment